Title: "Halo"
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Plot: A well written, if fluffy and angsty supernatural fiction about angels come to Earth and in particular one of those angels (Bethany) falling in love with a human boy named Xavier.
Their relationship is only marginally better than the emotionally abusive relationship of Edward and Bella in Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series in that Bethany and Xavier allow their relationship to be so exclusive to the point of spending every justifiable waking minute with each other and letting friendships, school, family and duties take an unhealthy back seat.
If one ignores this trite justification of yet another "your my whole world and my previous life before we got together suddenly doesn't matter" type of relationship (an unhealthy relationship example to be in a young adults novel read by young ladies generally between 13-22) then the rest of the novel is actually quite enjoyable and I did find that I enjoyed reading it to the point that I would be likely to read it again.
The slightly different take on angels was quite interesting while Alexandra still stuck fairly close to the stories in the bible. I particularly like the conversation between Bethany and Xavier when she gleefully tells him she has come up with his nickname.
The characters were developed well with my favorites being Xavier, Bethany and Ivy (Bethany's sister angel).
Rating: 3 out of 5 beats of an angel's wing.
Other books in the "Halo" series are below:
-Halo (Book 1)
-Hades (Book 2
-Heaven (Book 3)
No comments:
Post a Comment